Types of personal data
Votendo can collect and process the following personal data:
- Name of an associated party
- Email address
- Telephone number (landline and/or mobile phone)
- IP address
Votendo refuses to accept, and you agree not to provide Votendo, with any other sensitive personal data (as defined in the GDPR).
Votendo also automatically collects anonymous information regarding your use of the Application. Votendo will (for example) automatically log which sections of the Application you visit, which web browser you use, etc. We cannot identify you through this data, but it allows Votendo to draw up statistics regarding the use of the Application.
Methods of personal data collection:
The personal data is collected in the context of:
- Creating an administrator account
- Creating a delegate account
All your personal data collected by Votendo is thus expressly and voluntarily provided by you.
Use of personal data
Votendo can use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Creating an account and invitations for it
- An email address used as a login name
- Providing support/assistance (e.g., in case of problems)
Processing takes place on the following legal grounds, as the case may be:
- You have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes.
- Processing is necessary for the performance of your agreement with Votendo or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into an agreement.
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Votendo is subject.
- Processing is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another natural person.
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
Disclosure of personal data to third parties
Votendo shall not disclose your personal data to third parties, unless it is necessary in the context of performing the agreement and optimization thereof (including but not limited to database management, invoicing, and payment processing for Votendo). In this respect, your personal data may be disclosed to payment providers, software providers, cloud partners, or service providers.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, it is possible that Votendo will disclose your personal data:
- To the competent authorities (i) if Votendo is obliged to do so under the law or under legal or future legal proceedings, or (ii) to safeguard and defend our rights
- If Votendo, or the majority of its assets, is taken over by a third party, in which case your personal data collected by Votendo will be one of the transferred assets
In all other cases, Votendo will not sell, hire out, or pass on your personal data to third parties, except when it (i) has obtained your permission to this end, and (ii) has completed a data-processing agreement with the third party in question, which contains the necessary guarantees regarding confidentiality and privacy compliance of your personal data.
Storage of personal data
Your privacy rights
Regarding the processing of your personal data, you enjoy the following privacy rights:
- The right of access to your personal data
- The right to rectification, completion, or updating of your personal data
- The right to delete your personal data (the “right to be forgotten”). (Votendo wishes to point out that in this context the Application services will no longer be accessible and/or can no longer be provided if you delete or request deletion of certain required personal data, except for displaying your first name and last name in summaries of meetings held in the past.)
- The right to limit the processing of your personal data
- The right to transferability of your personal data
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data
If you wish to invoke your privacy rights, please contact email@example.com or complete the form for exercising your privacy rights, and deliver it to Votendo by email or paper mail: In principle, you can exercise these rights free of charge via the above-mentioned form. In addition, you can always, through your personal account, update, modify and/or verify your personal data that you were required to submit when creating your account. If you no longer wish to receive newsletters or information about the goods and services of Votendo, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of each Votendo email.
Security of personal data
Votendo shall take reasonable physical, technological, and organizational precautions in order to avoid (i) unauthorized access to your personal information, and (ii) loss, abuse, or alteration of your personal data.
Notwithstanding Votendo’s security policy, the checks it carries out, and the actions it describes in this context, an infallible level of security can never be guaranteed. Since no method of transmission of information over the internet, and no method of electronic storage is 100% secure, Votendo is in this context not in a position to guarantee absolute security.
The Application may potentially contain hyperlinks to other websites. When you click on one of these links, you may be redirected to another website or internet resource that could collect information about you through cookies or other technologies. Votendo does not have any responsibility, liability, or control over those other websites or internet resources, nor about their collection, use, or disclosure of your personal data. You must check the privacy declarations of those other websites and internet resources in order to judge whether they act in accordance with privacy legislation.